**Please note, all Keywords staff are temporarily working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic until health restrictions allow us to return to office**
Duration: Full time, Monday to Friday 9:00am -5:30pm
Keywords Studios is hiring a Program Manager to manage a team that creates a state of the art multi-platform game development engine for one of our game publisher clients.
As a Program Manager you will plan and manage projects, initiatives, program increments, and releases spanning multiple teams and locations. You will liaise with the project managers on individual development teams to ensure that team capacity and projects are appropriately planned and staffed, and that dependencies and risks are being managed for effective on-time delivery. You will help craft and manage development processes, including project and capacity planning, progress tracking, and team-wide collaboration and communication. You will demonstrate excellent communication skills in keeping the team, the studios, and the executive team up to date with progress on key projects.
Project Planning and Management
- Coordinate with engineering stakeholders and product owners to prioritize projects
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the project goals
- Evaluate and resolve dependencies and establish success criteria
- Successfully deliver projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
- Manage and track development work, and communicate progress against committed deliverables
- Estimate the impact of change requests on project schedule, budget, and resources
- Ensure support issues and other plan interrupts are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
Team and Process Management
- Dotted-line manage and support project managers from development teams
- Monitor workload and recognize extra effort
- Drive departmental planning (i.e. resource, initiative, program increment, release planning)
- Devise and assist in implementing process improvements across groups and advocate for the team.
- 5+ years of project and program management experience in a high tech company
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Experience with distributed development across multiple locations
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision.
- WFH options during the pandemic
- Dog friendly environment (That's right, you can bring your dog to work!)
- Indoor basketball court, outdoor basketball court, soccer field, volleyball court
- RMT, Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Gymnasium, Weight lifting facility, Yoga Studio, etc
- Community garden
- 2 dog parks
- Easy transit access
- Free on-site parking for staff and visitors