Keywords is an international technical services provider for the global video game industry, with 27 offices in 16 countries on 3 continents. During peak periods, the organization employs over 3,000 people working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 40,000 art assets, 12 million words of audio, 155 million translated words, 1.5 million hours of testing, and resolve more than 7 million customer support tickets. We work with 22 of the top 25 games companies by revenue in 2017.
The payroll administrator will work with the Payroll Team on the complete cycle of payroll processing as well as ensuring the accuracy of payroll reports, time sheets, the allocation of funds, and the compliance of all these documents with applicable federal and provincial regulations and company policies. Other responsibilities will include responding to employees’ payroll related inquiries, as well as improving existing procedures.
Responsibilities and activities
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance, and other deductions
- Liaise with supervisors to ensure approval of hours worked
- Ensure all wage changes are made accurately and in time for effected pay periods
- Complete all year-end payroll requirements including the timely distribution of T4s
- Reconcile payroll data and enter postings and accrued payroll in Netsuite
- Maintain a range of data, files, and payroll records in paper or electronic format, for up-to-date reference purposes and as a compliant audit trail
- Adhere to all company procedures and policies
- Stay current with payroll regulations, standards, and working methods
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College diploma in accounting or other related field of study
- At least two years’ experience in a payroll administrator position with a large number of employees
- Membership of the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) is an advantage
- Experience in processing payroll in other Canadian provinces is an advantage
- Experience in processing payroll in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Nethris payroll software is an advantage
- Dynamic, thorough, and analytical
- Team player
- Bilingual in French and English - spoken and written - is an advantage
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.