Localization Project Manager (Chinese Speaking)
At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. Our aim is to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
We enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In so doing we empower our clients to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating the most engaging experiences.
Keywords is trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
The Localization Project Manager will consistently meet or exceed client expectations by ensuring exceptional service, quality and cost efficiency on every project. Working with multiple clients and managing client relationships and a broad spectrum of resources the Loc PM will be expected to deliver to both client and company's requirements/targets.
They will be expected to develop and grow those client relationships whilst achieving/exceeding the expected margins by providing creative, industry, technical and tactical business solutions.
The Loc PM is expected to manage multiple localization projects of different sizes, genres and platforms for multiple clients simultaneously and ensure their profitability, quality and on time delivery within the timeframe agreed with the client.
The Loc PM is responsible for the profitable delivery of localization projects.
The Loc PM will be based in Europe or Asia facilities, to join a team of highly dedicated professionals providing world class localization, audio and player support services to the video games industry internationally.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Manage assigned localization and audio projects from project initiation through release to operation.
- Define, prioritize, track and manage requirements and deliverables.
- Drive issue resolution and address contingencies in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain complex localization schedules and assign resources as required.
- Create, track, and adhere to project budgets, schedules, and timelines. Expose, report on, and resolve deviations and variances. Ensure all projects are completed within designated timeframes.
- Closely monitor the financial status of localization projects, including creating accurate estimates, setting up a project budget, tracking vendor contracts, and invoices, performing financial closure at project end, and identifying and correcting budget overruns.
- Develop project strategies and plans.
- Proactively communicate with clients regarding project status, queries from translators, and other issues.
- Identify, assign, schedule, supervise and train team members for projects (translators, reviewers, recording studios, sound engineers, voice directors).
- Prepare and distribute reports for clients and internal colleagues regarding the status of projects.
- Organize and lead project meetings.
- Contribute to project management and cross-company initiatives, task forces, and general process improvements.
- Liaise with clients to understand their goals and expectations and anticipate/address client needs and concerns to prevent issues.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with clients.
- 2+ years of experience as a Localisation Project Manager.
- Degree in Business, Translation, Computer Science or Games, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the Games industry is an advantage.
- Excellent English & Chinese written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of production and/or CAT Tools is an advantage.
- Must be motivated and a team player.
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Passion for the video game industry.