Localisation Tech Specialist
Established in 1998 and working in over 30 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast growing plc. listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. We are one of the leaders in the provision of localisation services to the Video games and Software Localisation markets worldwide.
Keywords are an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Tokyo, Seattle, Montreal and Rome. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
We are looking for a Localization Tech Specialist to be part of our international team responsible for developing the technology supporting the Keywords Studios group videogames translation workflows.
The candidate would work in the Localization Engineering team assisting in technology rollouts, development of tools for production, daily support to Localization Project Managers, constant optimization of localization processes.
- Set up specific environments and tools for localization;
- Identify and extract localizable content from complex formats not suitable for translation;
- Leverage strings from translation memories or legacy translations;
- Convert final translated assets back to original formats;
- Manage, reorganize and check text/audio file storage structures;
- Automate asset transfer from and to customers portals;
- Troubleshooting issues coming from production, originating from translation process;
- Collaboration on the design, implementation and documentation of new engineering processes;
- Development of tools for production.
- University degree in computer science or equivalent background;
- At least 2 to 3 years experience in software development;
- Knowledge of complex regular expressions: knowledge of complex text string processing is a plus;
- Knowledge of multilingual localization issues and procedures (managing characters set and encoding, text direction, text strings sorting and handling) is welcome;
- Knowledge of Machine Translation is a plus;
- Fluent in English.
Behavioral Skills Required
- Good problem-solving skills combined with strong analytical abilities to find creative solutions;
- Team player;
- Strong time management, organizational and support skills;
- Strongly service oriented, to support the internal customer efficiently and comply with strict deadlines set by external customers, which require quick turnaround and often cannot be postponed.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.