Live QA Tester
As guardians of the KWS brand and all our titles, we make sure that our players can access their content and that their voices are heard if they have issues. This is an ever evolving workload so we work in a fast-paced environment. The Live QA team is quite unique in its day-to-day processes and no two days are alike. We are also a small team, so we really look to empower every one of our members which means that you'll have a large degree of ownership of the work you're assigned to, from gathering the necessary info to sharing your results with the relevant stakeholders. It also means that we expect you to be accountable for how you use your time.
- Autonomous and pro-active. The Live QA team is a small team that relies on its members to drive their own work.
- Demonstrate ownership of their work as Live QA members are often called to attend Mission Control calls and provide further context and details on the issues found during launches.
- Able to quickly grasp how first-party stores work and how game entitlement works across multiple platforms and countries.
- Comfortable with pivoting between different tasks during a shift as new priorities emerge during the launch of a title.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Bug reporting and community monitoring as well as creating tasks for the team
- Ongoing monitoring of WB product availability across all first-party storefronts.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, refinement and execution of Live QA specific Test Suites and cases.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and refinement of reports and tools utilized by the Live QA team to communicate with its stakeholders.
- Stay informed and informative on current and emerging digital platforms to purchase/play games and streaming gaming services.
- Creation and broadcast of periodic communications to high level stakeholders such as production, management, marketing, customer service, legal, etc..
- Mentor FQA loaned testers during launches on Live QA methodologies, processes and tools
- Since the Live QA team rarely performs overtime, we are required to work during Holidays during the year. They are given back as days off.
- Strong interest in video games and media platforms;
- Great attention to detail; have an analytical mind;
- Capable of following a test plan;
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken – data entry is done in English only);
- Basic computer skills (Internet, Email).