Junior Devops Engineer
Contract Length: 12 months; extension possible
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
The studio developing titles in a major AAA Sci-Fi FPS franchise, is looking for a talented, passionate, and effective Site Reliability Engineer to join the Infrastructure team.
Their mission is to inspire heroes and deliver wonder. As a developer on the Infrastructure team, you will be part of the backbone of the studio, making sure all teams are able to install game builds and tools and access internal services wherever they are in the world. The ideal candidate will have experience with a broad range of disciplines including modern build pipelines, building scalable services, writing reliable automation, and designing workflows to make other developers’ lives better. They want to empower everyone in the studio to work as efficiently as possible so we can create this amazing game together.
- Participate in support rotation with other members of the Infrastructure team.
- Handle day to day support operations on large scale computer farm.
- Partner with the IT Team to improve farm stability, performance, and maintainability.
- Plan, migrate and support computer farm transition to Microsoft Azure where applicable.
- Support Infrastructure and partner teams on development initiatives.
- Investigate, report, and resolve farm / infrastructure team issues.
- Create, Adjust and Monitor Infrastructure team SLAs, SLIs and SLOs and work toward resolving any failing indicators.
- Create telemetry and dashboards to visualize farm health.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- 3+ years' experience in software development, OR a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, OR comparable
- Extensive experience debugging, troubleshooting, and fixing problems in a Windows environment
- Proficiency in creating tools in PowerShell, Python or C#
- Knowledge of Source control Systems
- Familiarity with Cloud and cloud provisioning tools
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with Git and Perforce
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Azure Monitor Workbooks, Kusto, and App Insights
- Experience with configuration management tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Packer
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and other container technologies
- Experience with SQL / NoSQL databases
During WFH or if remote, the following is required for this type of position
- Internet speed of at least 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps, wired connection preferred, to ensure work is not impacted by connectivity/latency issues
- Make sure to run and repeat speed tests throughout the day, as it can fluctuate during peak hours
- Reimbursement offered if an upgrade is an option in your area
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits