Software Developer - Unity
Kano is looking for a game developer with experience shipping at least 1 Unity game to work on our titles FUBAR: Just Give'r, and Idle Distiller.
You enjoy solving complex device and game platform problems where you can exercise your practical technical knowledge. You also effectively collaborate with others to provide technical expertise to identified issues.As a small team where the code you write gets deployed fast, you’ll also be responsible for development, testing, and code quality.
We offer flexible hours to accommodate real lives (the ones outside of the office too!), a good natured and nerdy group of peers, the opportunity to make an impact in the work you do, and the chance to work in beautiful Victoria, BC. While this position is open to remote Canadian citizens and PR holders, international applicants will not be considered at this time).
Your background should include:
- 1+ years development with high-level languages
- 1+ years of development with Unity or a similar engine, with at least 1 shipped product
- Understanding of creating mobile apps for iOS and Android with Unity
- Product-centric development: you think about the end result
- Ability to think strategically as well as recent hands on programming experience
- You have created applications that serve thousands of people at a time with ease
- Understanding of OO and modern software design principles
- Desire to build something that people really want
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- Experience shipping social or mobile applications (iOS, Android, Facebook, etc)
- Back-end or full stack development experience
- Experience with AWS
- Working knowledge or experience with Unix/Linux
- Continuous integration and automated testing experience
About KanoBootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our recently announced Idle Distiller, we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.Check out this article if you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, this one to gain insight into what a day-in-the-life of Player Success is all about, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, or this fun little video for an intro to the team. Or follow #kanoapps on social!
- 2021 Best Workplace™ in British Columbia
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ in Canada – Less than 100 employees
2020 Best Workplaces™ for Inclusion
2020 Best Workplaces™ for Mental Wellness
2020 Best Workplaces™ in British Columbia
- 2019 Great Place to Work - British Columbia
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Uncapped profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*