Customer (Player) Success Representative
Customer Success Representative
Kano is looking for a part-time Customer Success Representative who can demonstrate patience and emotional intelligence via the written word. This guru/mediator/peacekeeper is first and foremost a skilled writer with customer service experience, especially handling high pressure situations without losing their cool. They’re driven to solve problems and find solutions, particularly when they don’t know the answers off the top of their head. Curiosity and empathy are critical to success in this role.
In addition to working with players, they also need to communicate clearly with the rest of our team, working together to solve technical issues and advocate for player suggestions and concerns.
While we do offer flexible hours and scheduling, this position will require weekend coverage. This position is part-time and open to remote applicants Canada wide. If there are limitations in when you can work, please state your availability in your cover letter.
In this role, you will be working on meaningful things like:
- Responding to player issues, complaints and conflicts promptly and effectively via email, forums etc.
- Logging technical issues in JIRA and liaising with other Kano departments to address them
- Upholding and driving player experience quality standards via analytics (ticket reviews, ticket ratings)
- Improving to company policies, procedures and guidelines
- Writing support documentation
Your background and experience will include:
- High fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- 2 to 3 years customer service experience
- Proficiency with MS Office/Google Docs
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and hitting concrete deadlines
It would be nice if you have:
- An interest in games, are a gamer,
- A familiarity with the following tools: slack, google suite, JIRA, asana, CRM experience
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our recently announced FUBAR: Just Give'r , we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article if you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, this one to gain insight into what a day-in-the-life of Player Success is all about, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, or this fun little video for an intro to the team. Or follow #kanoapps on social!
- 2020 Great Place to Work - Best Workplaces in Canada - Less than 100 Employees
- 2019 Great Place to Work - British Columbia
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Uncapped profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*