(Closed) Video Editor / Social Content Producer
Kanga is an early stage New York-based company creating the ultimate destination for gaming fans. The company’s consumer product helps fans follow their favorite streamers, teams, and games across every major streaming platform and social network. Kanga works with esports orgs, individual creators, and game publishers and is backed by industry insiders and venture capitalists.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic content producer to lead digital video and content creation for Kanga’s various social media channels. You’ll develop awesome social media content featuring funny moments and fails in the world of livestreamed gaming, hype esports events, and noteworthy gaming news -- aka basically curating r/LSF and gaming news to post on socials.
You’ll help us come up with new original content, pioneer your own creative formats and work with freelancers to consistently deliver awesome stuff to the world’s gaming fans. You will be responsible for sourcing, creating, and editing highlights, clips, and memes, to fill Kanga’s content budget across Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, and TikTok. Your voice will be heard! You will work with our product team to shape future content plans and help prioritize product improvements that address our users’ most burning needs.
What you bring to the table:
- A passionate fan of gaming first and foremost. You keep your finger on the pulse of the competitive gaming community and relating to fellow fans through Discord, Reddit, Instagram, or Twitter comes naturally.
- Obsessed with watching gaming - you can count your favorite streamers and esports orgs on more than one hand. You have a sense of what works in the world of gaming social media.
- Proven experience as a social media manager or content producer.
- Strong experience editing video content to the needs and specs of multiple platform destinations.
- Advanced knowledge across a variety of games including teams, players, and key storylines/spicy drama.
- Self-starter. You will own the role without being micromanaged, take responsibility for mistakes, and step up to help others in your down time. The role is what you make of it - the more you can handle, the more opportunities you will be given.
- Vocal. You’ll speak up when you have ideas - we want to hear your opinions, your voice is essential to making the product awesome.
- Nimble. Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical workday.
- Streamer. You’ve spent time showing off your own gameplay, growing and interacting with your own community.
- Community Manager. You have an established track record of growing and managing online communities and have never closed your Discord mobile app.
- Rocket ship. You have worked on a team that iterated quickly on product at an early-stage company.
- Talking the talk. You have conducted user research.
- Track record of successful production for other media outlets/channels.
- Fun work environment alongside fellow gamers and esports enthusiasts.
- Cool startup office centrally located by Times Square, easily accessible by train.
- Beverages and snacks. We will keep you fueled up.
- Top-tier gaming rig. When we aren’t working we will definitely be running squads.
- Esports team swag. Our investors run teams and we will hook you up with the goods.
- Competitive Salary.
- Competitive Equity Compensation.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
Additional Application Instructions
Please include: 1) Resume 2) Cover letter 3) Portfolio or links to relevant past work