Head of Social
Kairos Media is changing the way millennials view advertising and discover brands from across We are Kairos Media, an award-winning creative social agency, and we're changing the way the next generation view advertising, and discover brands on social media, across the world. Specialists in influencer marketing, gaming and esports strategy, paid social, community management & content production, we're one of the largest social creative agencies in the market.
Operating and launching global campaigns from our London HQ, our workforce is now 10x bigger than when we started 5 years ago (and it's still growing!) Our people bring success to international clients in a space that many traditional media agencies are struggling to navigate and we're now looking for the next addition.
Kairos Media is a part of The Kairos Group which also houses Kyma Media, an owned media agency generating 400M+ views per month and Turopium; a full-service management agency, specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent. We share our offices and ideas, come join us!
What You’ll Do
The Role in a Nutshell
We’re looking for an inspiring and passionate Head of Social Media to lead, scale and develop our amazing Social team. It will involve a wide range of skills and experience; commercial and strategic thinking, exceptional social media knowledge and an enthusiasm for team leadership. You will be accountable for improving the standard of our social media management, smashing our business strategy and supporting and developing the team to ensure the delivery of award winning work.
We are looking for someone who can inspire confidence with your social media expertise, clear communication and your ability to create exciting change. This role is ideal for someone who is experienced within the industry, has taken the time to hone their craft, and now wants to take on the challenge of managing and scaling an energetic and ambitious team.
Most importantly, we need someone that just wants to do things differently, and better - we know everyone has this in their ‘summary’ - but we do. If you can’t showcase where you’ve broken the norm in the past or on the spot come up with an idea that will break the internet, don’t apply (sorry).
- Working with our SLT to establish and deliver our team vision; and turning this vision into a strategy that impacts hiring, skill development, social media management delivery and revenue.
- Ensuring that we have a high performing team by supporting professional development plans, working with our SLT and Recruitment teams to ensure roles are filled on time with the best candidates.
- Leading from the front on key accounts and pitches as well as troubleshooting any client delivery issues alongside our SLT.
- Leading on the performance and development of your team, ensuring they are thriving both as individuals and as a team.
- Liaising with the MD to report on commercials and performance and share feedback on our team, work and structure from current clients.
- Working closely with our Client Services Director or Account Directors, to deliver on business goals and strategy relating to clients and delivery.
- To work with our Social Media Managers to deliver industry leading social strategies for some of the biggest brands in the world, both in gaming and wider social verticals
- 7 + years Social media management experience - This can be at an agency or in house, most importantly we are looking for industry leading expertise in all areas of delivery: Influencer marketing usage, paid media, community management, creative briefing and reporting.
- Experience overseeing a team of 6+ in a similar or equivalent role (the team will 8+)
- You should have examples of award winning campaigns and content pieces across social, that you personally can account for
- Working in or with agencies so you are familiar with the client services requirements of the role.
- Experience in the operational running of teams and projects and feel confident making Kairos Media better in every way.
- The ability to inspire, motivate and grow the members of your team and communicate excellently.
- An eager eye for detail and confidence giving critical yet constructive feedback to set standards and develop those around you.
- Experience with budget management and the ability to make smart decisions.
- Someone that was born in the memes (seriously, this is vital)
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth and development
- Flexible working
- Regular company events
- Community and charity day (for you to support a cause you care about)
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then we’ll give you the backing to set it up!
- Birthday day off - and we always provide cake...
- Early finish and free-drinks every Friday
- Paid time off/office closure over Christmas
- Unlimited wellbeing days