User Interface Technical Designer
Do you love adding that extra magic that brings interfaces to life?
As a User Interface Technical Designer, you will develop and integrate eye-popping motion graphics and stunning visual effects in our mobile titles. You'll be joining a team of UX and UI Designers that will be collaborating closely with our Front End Engineers, Game Designers, LiveOps, and Production teams to enchant and delight our players. This is a 6 month contract with the potential for extension.
What would my day look like?
- Work hands-on, in-engine to implement UX/UI prototypes and designs of the game team’s ideas.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, programmers, and producers to create exciting moments, celebrations, and satisfying interactions for the user interface.
- Setup UI and menu elements feedback, behaviour, and animations.
- Work with and implement industry-leading techniques for motion graphics and VFX in mobile games and improve internal tools and structure.
- Maintain best practices and keep control of asset integration in respects to our technical constraints and optimization guidelines.
What are the requirements?
- 1+ years of experience as a professional User Interface Technical Designer, VFX Artist, Technical Motion Designer.
- Strong understanding of Motion Graphics and how it relates to Interaction Design.
- Solid understanding of timeline-based animation tools (example: Adobe Flash, After Effects, etc.)
- Experience with Unity or other real-time engines.
- Solid understanding of C#.
- Proven track record of working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience with Unity GUI or NGUI framework.
- Experience with 3D tools (for example: Maya, 3DS Max, etc…).
- Ability to prototype shaders.
- Experience in writing tools for UI.
- Experience and portfolio in motion graphics and/or VFX
- ....and, of course, a Passion for Video Games!
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.