Technical Director - Mobile Games
You are a hands-on technologist who can dive deep and hold your own with senior developers building scalable products. You are a natural leader who enables and inspires your team to do their best work on delivering the best games ever.
As a talented and passionate individual, you want to solve challenging problems and make a significant impact.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a High-Performing Technical Leader to join us!
As a Technical Director, You Can Expect To
- Direct, oversee and communicate regular updates regarding project engineering efforts including game client/server technology, development roadmap and live operation of cross platform products
- Manage technical design and development of game software, ensuring design and architecture is extensible across projects
- Architect and develop robust, scalable and efficient mobile (iOS/Android) solution to support product player base
- Collaborate with various key stakeholders and directly contribute to design of major game features, technology budgeting, scheduling and whole-project dependency analysis
- Proactively identify development bottlenecks across all areas, disciplines and projects and coordinate solutions
- Understand and manages technical debts where it helps to increase efficiency for the project
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- Experience leading technical development in the mobile games space and have shipped at least 2 large scale game titles
- 7+ years of progressive experience in similar capacity including 5+ years in a technical leadership role, preferably in game industry
- Knowledgeable and approachable with demonstrated ability to drive to clear action and ownership
- Experience building and running highly scalable applications
- Experience in Profiling on any game platform (Mobile, iOS, Android, PC, Consoles)
- Knowledge in how to deal with platform/device specific issues
- A problem-solver who can also implement the solutions
You were a hands-on expert in some of the followings once upon a time:
- Experience with the Unity engine
- Fixing crash bugs, means firefighting
- Bundling/asset management
- Data mining
- Perforce Integrations
- iOS/Android native code (Objective-C/Swift, Java) SDK / Plugins
- Unity Upgrades
- General infrastructure
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight , Shop Titans and Mini Guns . These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.