Senior UX Designer
You are a gamer. Whether it’s board, PC, or mobile games, your focus is on creating memorable, positive experiences for people. You enjoy working closely with a wide range of skill sets and personalities and you never shy away from contributing your vision to the team. Always looking to take your work from sufficient to mind-blowing - you thrive in a high-feedback culture where you can grow, innovate and iterate until perfection. You are a natural leader and enjoy providing guidance and mentorship as much as you enjoy sharing your day’s learnings. And finally, you’re looking for more fun, passionate and creative people to work with!
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Drive features from beginning to end by presenting work, guiding conversations, and coordinating with producers to work on timelines.
- Work collaboratively with other discipline members such as:
- Game Designers to discuss game features, create wireframes and produce screen mockups and assets.
- Engineers to review technical requirements and implementations of screens.
- QA Analysts to deliver all functionality annotations and answer questions.
- Live Operations team members to ensure all planned events are supported.
- Back-End Programming team to discuss technical requirements.
- Mentor and coach junior UX/UI Designers.
- Learn and share best practices of UI and UX design with the team.
- Advocate for UX design in the studio.
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience as a professional UX/UI Designer.
- Ability to take complex information and turn it into user-friendly UI design.
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solution.
- Strong skills in crafting effective user experience flows, wireframes and interactions.
- Strong passion for human-centered design challenges and graphic design challenges.
- Strong passion for gaming - experience working on mobile games is a big plus!
- A strong portfolio showcasing User Interface Design, User Experience, Graphic Design, etc.
- Understanding of “freemium” business model, including customer acquisition, retention, and monetization.
- Bonus points if you have experience in working with Unity.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.