Senior Gameplay Designer
You’re well-versed as in the tenets of multiplayer action gameplay design . You’re ambitious, yet humble and eager to work with collaborative and diverse groups. You want to elevate the field of mobile gameplay design and will improve Kabam’s design team as a whole.
Sound like a match? Kabam Austin is looking for a talented and passionate Gameplay Designer to design and develop core action movement, combat, and AI gameplay for a new IP being developed in-house.
This role will work with the Lead Designer, gameplay and design teams on a compelling mobile multiplayer experience.
- Deep toolbox of gameplay mechanics
- Experience with action gameplay
- A love for prototyping, with the examples to prove it
- A desire to excite, inspire, and collaborate to integrate great ideas
- You love prototyping and have the examples to prove it
- Familiar with co-op vs. competitive forms of multiplayer
- Familiar with gameplay balancing and progression systems
- A predilection for Nintendo-style gameplay
Nice To Have Qualifications
- 3+ years working experience in console game development; experience shipping an action mobile game is a bonus
- Experience with Unreal blueprint and/or game logic scripting
- Experience authoring or contributing to AI logic and state machines
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight , Shop Titans and Mini Guns . These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.