Senior Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer is supported by the Central Technology department, reporting to the Technical Director of Engineering.
This individual provides specialist knowledge and skills to execute the Data Strategy, having a critical role on the Data Governance Council. The primary mandate of this role is to the executive on initiatives within the scope of the Data Governance Charter. Secondary support is given to other tasks within Engineering.
The Senior Data Engineer will support software engineers and data analysts by providing data design, data quality assurance, and data management. This individual will advise and be accountable to the Head of Business Intelligence, the lead for Data Strategy, and the Data Governance Council.
In this role, you are expecting to:
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures within the scope of the Data Governance Charter
- Oversee all technical aspects of data management, including managing the data dictionary and data designs
- Participate in and advise the Data Governance Council
- Align architecture with business requirements by collaborating with product, marketing, and data analytics partners
- Implement and manage data acquisition from external sources via API or other methods
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Develop data handling processes
- Oversee ETL transformations
- Experience in Node.js and Python
- Experience in working with google cloud and bigquery
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Deploy data integrations with information systems, machine learning, and statistical methods
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Database administration IS NOT a responsibility
In order to be successful for the role, we are looking for:
- 10+ years of related experience
- High technical proficiency in data systems and data management
- University degree in Computer Science and certifications, high performance indicating strong technical capabilities
- High proficiency in implementing and using data management software
- High proficiency in database management – SQL queries, database design, data warehouse design, database architecture, data system architecture, data integration
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Logical thinking and problem solving
- Strong documentation skills; organization and ability to simplify complexity
- Continuous professional improvement to learn and apply current best practices
- Customer-oriented work ethic, with a focus to advise and deliver value to business stakeholders
- Must be able to work independently, have a management mindset
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.