At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Our Vancouver studio is looking for a Senior Automation Engineer to join our Central Technology team to support automated systems, internal team growth, and future tool creation. You will bring a consistent and reliable knowledge of testing frameworks to the game teams so they can understand, diagnose, and support game health while creating ROI through the replacement of manual effort with automated systems and development tools.
You will have the opportunity to work on a system that covers various areas of development, server, client, and service reliability; build features on existing technologies, or by expanding technologies that we currently have. Also, you will help elevate the team through technical guidance while growing internal engineering talent in the company.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Assist and partner in the automation testing framework, which involves working in automated server environments, classically scripted test suites, innovating new systems that streamline and solidify our vision of automation/tools.
- Take ownership of Technical Leadership. You will be a key voice in Design, architecture, implementation, Support documentation, and test expectations)
- Mentor and support others in their journey internally towards a future in engineering.
- Responsible for ad-hoc projects and/or requirements may arise as requested.
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expert in software engineering with game client/cloud/server-side automation
- Expert in-game/software automation frameworks
- Database experience (MongoDB/any RDBMS)You have worked on a RESTful API system
- Experience in working in a team of 10+
To take it up a notch, you will also have:
- Strong experience in dealing with scale
- Proficiency in Unity3D, C#, node.js, Jenkins
- Experience with Redis
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in-game production
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes
- Active Github profile
- Experience in performance profiling
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- We know that one size doesn’t fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period, including a flexible health spending account and/or personal spending account! Any leftover amounts from the health/personal spending account can also be automatically added to a group TFSA.
- EQ Care that provides you a way to remotely interact with healthcare providers, available 24/7 to get prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- We provide an employee assistance program to ensure our people’s mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP.
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.