Lead UX Designer
The Kabam Austin team is 35 people and growing! Our team of strong leaders is composed of people from across console, MMO, and mobile gaming.
We have one original IP game deep in development and another project starting soon, both using Unreal Engine 4.
We’re in search of an experienced and well-rounded UX Lead to bring thought-leading design principles to influence our product strategy.
We’re working remotely under Covid19 and not in a hurry to collocate until it is safe in Austin.
- UX Evangelism - A desire to champion user experience design and help others to see its value at each phase of a project
- Leadership - Ability to direct, problem-solve, iterate and follow through.
- Experience - 6+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer creating amazing experiences, with a Senior UX Designer credit on a mobile game
- Free-To-Play - or freemium business models, conversion funnels and long-term retention
- A Steady Hand - A practiced and capable approach to working with other team leaders to elevate the best user experience possible.
- A Strong Portfolio - A strong portfolio demonstrating effective user experience flows, wireframes and interaction design work
- A Gamers Perspective - A strong interest in mobile gaming
- Credentials - Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in product design, interaction design, human computer interaction, or a related field
- Quantitative research experience
- Graduate degree in HCI, psychology, interaction design, or similar
- Experience in a test-driven environment (A/B testing, results analysis and iteration).
Apply and let's talk!
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight , Shop Titans and Mini Guns . These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.