Lead Product Manager
You are passionate about everything relating to games, data, with a breadth of knowledge in the world of business and know how to bridge that into a cohesive vision. You possess a mix of strategic skills and creative instinct that can help create action plans, feature sets and content strategies that benefit our players. In addition, you are motivated by continuously driving for improvements and making informed decisions through a data-driven approach.
Are you who we’re looking for? Read on!
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to join our growing team. In this role, you will work directly with our game teams to help and create the most engaging and rewarding product and live service experience for our players. You have the dedication in figuring out what players want, how they behave in the game and most importantly, why. From there, you will transform the insights from data and work with the game teams to create actionable product roadmaps.
You are expected to:
- Work closely with the Executive Producer, Senior Development Director, and other stakeholders to inform and execute your product strategy aimed at improving core product KPIs.
- Translate strategic directives into goals and key results where you can then monitor and drive strategy around achieving results through the associated KPIs.
- Co-develop a comprehensive in-app event strategy with design that gives users engaging things to do each day and supports planned feature releases.
- Proactively identify optimizations and feature implementations to maximize player experience and business performance.
- Have the ability to deconstruct popular game features and their monetization mechanic to influence the executive decision whether to incorporate these trends into the product or not.
- Report to the Executive Producer and work closely with the design and Live Ops teams to conceptualize and implement engaging features, mechanics, systems and modalities of play that fulfill business goals.
- Communicate with the BI Team to conduct in-depth analysis of the in-game economy trends using data insights to impact top line KPIs.
- Partner with analytics to establish experimentation road map, using A/B testing and machine learning to meet objectives and create product and player insight. Translate outcomes into relevant recommendations.
- Keep abreast of gaming trends and insights to identify and evaluate new business opportunities that provide value to players and align with our goals.
- Assist in the resolution of complex problems and growing skills and knowledge inside the company.
- Set up successful collaborations across Kabam studios and with external partners where necessary.
- Ability to listen and provide feedback in feature development to cultivate a 'best idea wins' development culture.
You will bring:
- 7+ years of experience in similar capacity in the gaming, technology, or entertainment industry.
- Solid business and design capabilities - you can draw a line from detailed player behavior all the way to market outcomes.
- Highly collaborative with experience leading through influence.
- Understanding of market trends, business models and customer preferences across all genres, platforms, territories, and demographics.
- Superb ability to manage at the strategic level yet can roll up the sleeves when necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present and share information across the organization.
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills with commitment towards continuous improvement.
- Remarkable analytical skills and evidence of making data driven decisions with the ability to use market leading analytical tools and techniques.
- Can use and understand in-game trends using data insights to improve top line indicators.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects.
- You have the ability to make the leap from understanding what’s going on, to brainstorming ways to improve it. Success looks like the perfect blend of monetization, engaging player features, and proper economy progression that brings joy to our players for years.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.