At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skills. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
You are a natural Influencer who enables and inspires your team to do their best work on delivering the best games ever; You were at one point a hands-on technologist who is able to dive deep and hold your own with senior developers building scalable products. As a talented and passionate individual, you want to solve challenging problems and make a significant impact.
As a Game Technical Director, You will:
- Be the manager of our game engineering team
- Direct, oversee and communicate regular updates regarding project engineering efforts including game client/server technology, development roadmap, and live operation of cross-platform products
- Manage technical design and development of game software, ensuring design and architecture is extensible across projects
- Collaborate with various key stakeholders and directly contribute to the design of major game features, technology budgeting, scheduling, and whole-project dependency analysis
- Proactively identify development bottlenecks across all areas, disciplines, and projects and coordinate solutions
- Understand and manages technical debts where it helps to increase efficiency for the project
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- Experience leading technical development in the mobile/video games space and have shipped at least 2 large scale game titles
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a similar capacity including 5+ years in a technical leadership role, preferably in the game industry
- Experience with game engine(s): Unity3D, Unreal, Frostbite, or others
- A people manager who has experience in developing team members’ career advancement
- Knowledgeable and approachable with demonstrated ability to drive to clear action and ownership
- Experience building and running highly scalable applications
- Game development experience on any platform (Mobile, iOS, Android, PC, Consoles).
- Knowledge in how to deal with platform/device-specific issues
- A problem-solver who can also implement the solutions
You were a hands-on expert in some of the following once upon a time:
- Game development (client or backend)
- Gameplay, UI, Profiling, Performance, Backend, Multiplayer
- Architect and develop robust, scalable, and efficient mobile (iOS/Android) solutions to support product player base
- Game performance optimization
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- We know that one size doesn’t fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period, including a flexible health spending account and/or personal spending account! Any leftover amounts from the health/personal spending account can also be automatically added to a group TFSA.
- EQ Care that provides you a way to remotely interact with healthcare providers, available 24/7 to get prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- We provide an employee assistance program to ensure our people’s mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP.
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.