Environment Modeler (6 month contract)
You are highly creative, skilled and absolutely love creating a sense of place and mood, and use location to tell stories. Always pushing yourself and honing your skills, you enjoy exploring new methods and tools that allow you to improve your craft. You like to think in systems and enjoy creating beautiful worlds within tight constraints.
You thrive on receiving and giving constructive critique, sharing knowledge and bringing something new to every project. Composition, value structure, atmosphere, proportion, weight, scale, and architecture are your wheelhouse.
You will contribute by:
- Ideation - 2D and 3D sketching ideas and compositions for a variety of fantastical environments, a mixture of organic and hard surface.
- Modelling - Creating world-class organic and hard surface models demonstrating excellent topology, volume, weight, and form.
- Surfacing - Author high-quality stylized materials through Substance Designer, Painter, photoshop.
- Foliage - Author high-quality yet highly-efficient foliage.
- Lighting & Atmosphere - Contribute to lighting design, mood and atmosphere.
- Technical - Work within memory and performance constraints of contemporary mobile devices running a highly customized version of Unity.
- Stewarding Best Practices - Follow and contribute to project best practices.
- Building Better Tools - Contributing to the continuous improvement of the studio content pipelines.
Your background includes:
- Skills - An amazing portfolio demonstrating organic high-res sculpts with baked materials in-engine, strong composition & set decoration, impeccable colour and value sensibilities and demonstrable realization of mood and place.
- Work experience - Minimum 3-5 years working in console or PC game development. Mobile game development is a plus.
- Technical proficiency - Demonstrate UV efficiency, smart topology, high-quality bakes, familiarity with Unity or Unreal.
- Troubleshooting - Demonstrate technical literacy and can troubleshoot quality and performance issues.
- Software - Expert in Maya or Modo, zBrush, Substance tools and Photoshop.
- Self-starter - A hard-working, fun-loving attitude!
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.