Are you looking for an opportunity to integrate machine learning into product with a team of highly motivated Data Scientists? With an inquisitive spirit, you will provide machine learning driven insights and interventions to improve how Kabam's games operate and contribute to setting them up for continued success.
Kabam is looking for a Data Scientist with a strong technical and analytical background to join our team.
In This Role, You Can Expect To
- Build Game Economy Simulations
- Code game economy simulations that will evaluate progression, power, sessioning, reward distribution, and matchmaking for different user types
- Work closely with liveops, systems design, bcg design, to validate or pivot design tuneables to be best aligned with design and monetization intents
- Build Machine Learning Algorithms for data products to be implemented in-game
- Build machine learning models using game specific and demographic features to impact in-game features, revenue, retention, engagement and progression
- Work closely with production and engineering teams to integrate models into the game back-end and eventually in to live game
- Create tests to evaluate the ROI/lift of the machine learning model on the targeted KPIs
- Conduct root cause, multiple regression, and sentiment analysis; builds forecasting models and simulations; installs and maintains data analysis frameworks and tools, and presents business solution recommendations to internal partners independently
Your Background Includes
- 2+ years of industry experience translating data into actionable company insights
- Research and thesis based M.Sc./Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering)
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Proficient in (statistical) programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Expertise In Airflow, Docker, Tensorflow, Pytorch is preferred
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner with stakeholders at all levels; achieves team consent and buy-in; adapt communication style to the audience; explain difficult situations clearly to non technical audience
- Collaborating effectively with others in same discipline, across feature groups, and cross-discipline on a regular basis
- Assists with knowledge and skill development for Scientists; inspires and encourages teamwork; creates and sustains a positive work environment
- Being a recognized leader in at least two domains and having advanced working knowledge in additional domains (e.g. SQL queries, Data Visualizations, Analysis Conception, Data Pipeline, Model Development, Scripting)
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight , Shop Titans and Mini Guns . These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.