Community Engagement Specialist
Do we need a nice Kabam intro, like the other ones?
As a communicator-extraordinaire, you are comfortable representing a well-defined brand through and have a knack for solving challenging issues with ease.
You have a passion for gaming, a strong sense of empathy for players, and the ability to multi-task. You are familiar with the intricacies involved in communicating solely through text-based mediums, and are someone that can think on their feet and handle sticky situations in a diplomatic manner. As a highly motivated self-starter, you hold yourself to high standards of performance or thrive in a collaborative and high-impact team.
Sound like a match? Kabam Austin is looking for a Community Engagement Specialist to join us in supporting titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight and upcoming games.
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You Will Contribute By
- Acting as a driving force in our online community channels, conveying content updates, information about technical issues, and replying to player questions
- Creating a welcoming space in our online communities by moderating content to adhere to our code of conduct
- Working closely with the Senior Community Manager and the game team to help escalate and organize player feedback and concerns
- Contribute to tracking, reporting, and proactive communication on live game issues
- Collaborating with our player support teams to assist with player issues when needed
- Proactively identify possible player concerns and community issues that could have a detrimental impact, and work to neutralize them whenever possible
- Helping shape communication for upcoming feature changes or technical improvements
- Contributing to reporting on channel performance and player sentiment trends
We’re Looking For Someone With
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a player-facing role, managing or helping to manage an online gaming community
- Experience with social media and community channels such as Discord and their use in professional applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with special attention paid to spelling and grammar
- A passion for gaming and a solid understanding of pop culture online communities
- The ability to meet hard deadlines, be flexible in prioritization and schedule, take direction well, and strong organizational skills
- A positive outlook, strong integrity and solid sense of pride in their work
- An interest in collaboration, brainstorming, and contributing to a team effort
- Experience with online forum software and social media management tools
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight , Shop Titans and Mini Guns . These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.