Entertaining millions of gamers around the world is no simple task!
Our games require a sophisticated pipeline to produce new builds across multiple development tracks. Working with both our QA and Engineering teams, you will bridge the relationship between the dev who makes the games and the players who love them.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining the systems that enable continuous improvement toward our goal of entertaining the world. Sound like a match? Kabam Austin is looking for a Build Engineer to join us!
In This Role, You Can Expect To
- Work closely with QA and Engineering teams on game reliability issues
- Monitor and improve build performance and development infrastructure
- Triage build and deployment failures and get the right team looking at them
- Automate processes to maintain up-to-date environments
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with writing scripts (e.g. Bash, Batch, Powershell)
- Knowledge of distributed data systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Knowledge of deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins, Groovy)
- Knowledge of systems administration (Windows, Linux, OSX)
- Experience with tools integration (e.g. Slack, Jira)
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience with source control systems (e.g. Git, Perforce)
- Building Unreal Engine applications
- Building mobile applications (Android, iOS)
In Addition, It Is Nice To Have Experience With
- Dealing with applications at scale
- Working on teams
- Docker and Kubernetes
- RESTful API systems
- Performance profiling
- Python scripting
Apply and let’s talk!
About Kabam Austin
The Kabam Austin team is 35 people and growing! Our team of strong leaders is composed of people from across console, MMO, and mobile gaming. We have one original IP game deep in development and another project starting soon, both using Unreal Engine 4. We’re working remotely under Covid19 and not in a hurry to collocate until it is safe in Austin. Will consider out-of-state arrangements for the right candidate.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight , Shop Titans and Mini Guns . These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.