Unity Principal Software Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're currently looking for an exceptional Unity Principal Software Engineer to join our Buenos Aires & Montevideo team!
In this role will work closely with Product Managers, Game Design, and Artists to create amazing, fun, social mobile game experiences.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build amazing mobile games while teaming up with some of the gaming industry’s top developers, designers and creatives!
- Architect and refine the game content pipeline, coordinating with non-engineer team members and managing expectations on deliverables.
- Take ownership of upcoming large game features and provide guidance to other engineers as a subject matter expert.
- Work directly with stakeholders on projects, providing critical technical information for design and product consideration.
- Create production ready, high quality code that can be easily maintained and shared.
- Set focus on quality, improving team’s skill through pair programming, katas and seminaries.
- Taking ownership/accountability for all aspects of a certain area of the game or codebase.
- Sharing knowledge and acting as a “subject matter expert” on the team.
- Strong knowledge of Unity and experience with mobile development.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent Software Engineering training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of core computer science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, memory management and their practical applications.
- Proven expertise in producing high-performance products, with focus on performance tuning and optimal resource utilization.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and diagnose issues in code.
- Experience with game content pipelines and development team tooling.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with a visionary spirit.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in Spanish and English.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.