Studio Director, Product Management
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
About The Role:
The Studio Director of Product Management will manage and develop studio Product Managers as well as work with GDs and GMs to maintain a high-quality bar and consistency of the studio’s product team. The SDPM will partner closely with Studio Directors, GM’s, and central teams in order to streamline processes and create operational efficiencies across the Product org. This individual will help team leads define product vision, business strategy, and feature requirements.
- Manage a team of Product Managers to help with knowledge sharing, establishing best practices for LiveOps, Economy Management, Monetization, and Product.
- Work with PM’s and Game Directors on setting the strategic vision and business ops for new and existing games.
- Manage the monthly / quarterly forecasting process for the studio.
- Collaborate with Central PM to help implement new central tech such as GEM and CRM.
- Analyze data and utilize best practices to ensure optimal decisions are being made in-game.
- Analyze competitor feature sets and work with PMs to implement +1 versions that might drive the business.
- Partner effectively across marketing, consumer insights, and other core functions to drive value for game teams and senior executives.
- Work closely with the design team and create a problem space for them to design into.
- Self-starter; internally motivated to solve problems through a combination of critical thinking, creativity, and data analysis.
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional disciplines and influence effectively.
- You love games! You have a passion for creating new game features and playing mobile games.
- BA/BS degree – CS/EE/Engineering/Math/Statistics/Economics degree.
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager and has recently launched or worked on a chart-topping game.
- At least 10+ years of experience in the games industry.
- Must be able to work with analysts to generate meaningful data visualizations, and also do ad hoc queries yourself.
- Analytical thinker who can turn data into areas of focus for game teams.
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of mobile technology -- its boundaries and unique potential as it applies to games.
- Game design and/or UI/UX background and experience.
- Data analysis using SQL, Python Notebooks, Scala, Tableau.