Senior UX Designer
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our Bingo team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation*
- Employer Paid Benefits*
- Parental leave and Kin care*
- RRSP Matching*
- In office lunch and snacks
- Company Events such as movie night, trivia, game shows & more…
- Fitness Allowance, Training Allowance, Phone Allowance & More!*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for a passionate, highly motivated Senior UX Designer who has a strong professional or academic background in UX design principles. We love games of all kinds and genres and you should too!
You will be working closely with the UX director on multiple projects creating user-centric experiences and advocating for best UX practices. You will be joining a new, small, dynamic team that works very closely with production and design. You will be instrumental in shaping the core functions and workflows of the team moving forwards too.
**In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website, or a pdf showcasing recent work upon application, specifically samples of interaction design for mobile applications.
- Leverage data into your decision making process and communicate these effectively.
- Visualize your ideas and concepts into fully rendered UI examples for the art team to use as guides.
- Excellent idea generation and evidence of driven design thinking.
- Work closely with a cross functional pod of engineers, product managers, and artists to build together using constructive and motivational teamwork skills.
- May have direct reports.
- Minimum 3-4 yrs of UX Design experience at a mobile gaming studio.
- Possess strong knowledge of UX principles.
- Experience and evidence of leadership are desired.
- Ability to create flows and wireframes based on high-level product spec.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Ability to create visual/functional prototypes to test design ideas.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Solid grasp of Figma and molecular design systems.
- Loves games of all kinds!
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience project lead or principal designer is preferred as this role will require leadership skills. Working across multiple disciplines (developers, designers) is something you do seamlessly through great verbal and written communication.
- A strong skill set in UI art creating in order to better describe your ideas is desired, as the UX team is hands-on, and fully involved in all projects.
- Understanding current trends in mobile PvP games, blockchain, and casual competitive games, is a bonus.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.