Senior Software Engineer
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Indefinite contract + benefits
- Private health insurance coverage
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- 2 Hour mid day play/lunch break
- Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Retreats
- Convenient location in northern Bogotá near 93 Park
Jam City is looking for an experienced Engineer to work on our new F2P Action RPG mobile game. Our goal is to deliver an immersive co-op PvE experience for players around the world.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be an integral member of the team coding core game systems. The ideal candidate is highly motivated by the development of solid and highly-performant code in pure C#, enjoys experimenting with third-party libraries in order to find good matches that will strengthen our current systems, is a responsible, motivated professional who can bring their experience to our team, but at the same time is eager to learn and adapt to new stuff.
We’re very excited with our new project, and we’d love you to be part of it. Are you up to the challenge?
- Playing a substantial role in day-to-day coding, participating in performance profiling, optimization, and general troubleshooting as necessary.
- Writing and extending core systems for our game’s authoritative server in pure C#: simulation of gameplay, networking, etc.
- Reviewing and documenting code.
- Creating unit and integration tests.
- Working with third-party libraries in order to integrate them with our existing codebase: finding, compiling, integrating and configuring them, as required.
- 5+ years of programming experience.
- BS in Computer Science and/or Software Engineer (or equivalent).
- Strong logical thinking.
- Strong skills and knowledge in Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Strong desire to write clean code.
NICE TO HAVE
- History of participation in coding competitions such as The IOI, The ICPC or Google Code Jam, etc.
- History of participation in competitive programming hubs or hackathons, such as HackerRank, CodinGame, Leetcode or HackThisSite, etc.
- Familiarity with the ECS architectural pattern/paradigm.
- Fluency in C#.
- Experience with Unity.
- Strong OOP foundations.
- Experience with game-related coding: physics, networking, gameplay, etc.
- Fluency in Written and Spoken English and Spanish.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.