(Closed) Senior Content Manager (Unity)
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are searching for a passionate & talented Senior Content Designer to join our Carlsbad team! You will be working on a brand new Lifestyle Interior Design app. Your knowledge in the game space, as well as your extraordinary attention to detail, makes you an invaluable player for game design. You will work with the team to ensure best practices are being used to deliver only the highest quality products to our players.
- Utilize design tools to author content on a consistent basis. This includes populating room layouts using an extensive catalog of compelling interiors, furniture, and decor for digital game production.
- Execute the content creation process from start to finish.
- Handle strategic daily release of game content, ensuring all goals and deadlines are met.
- Lead troubleshooting in case of live content bugs and issues; communicate with Content, Art, Dev, Management to fix the problem.
- Have a strong pulse on interior design trends and creative solutions for implementation in game form.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure consistency of information and best practices.
- Measure KPIs and make recommendations based on findings.
- Help mentor more junior team members and work with department and studio leads to define design goals and roadmaps.
- 3+ years of experience in content management, gaming design or production, digital media, mobile apps, or similar.
- Self-starter with the ability to operate independently and on a team towards goals, with the ability to exhibit strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- A keen eye for interiors, home decor, and design.
- Working knowledge or proficiency with any of the following Unity, JIRA, Github (Sourcetree), Google Sheets, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Proficiency in developing games or mobile apps with Unity.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
- Comfort in ambiguity, flexible, and adaptive to changing priorities.
- BA/BS Degree.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in Mobile App industry, home decor, or interior design.
- Knowledge of mobile technology -- its boundaries and unique potential as it applies to games.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.