As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
JamCity is on the hunt for a highly skilled artist that will help contribute to the success of our live games! You must be capable of adapting your style to each game -- creating features for our existing games or designing completely new ones! A strong interaction with game developers is part of this role and knowledge of asset handling and effect creation with the game engine Unity is required.
- Focus on effect animation and asset creation while also being involved in other stages of game art creation.
- Produce and execute final quality results based on your own and your colleagues concepts.
- Take ownership. Think like a player and influence the directions that our games take.
- Design creative, clear, and playful user interactions for our games.
- Ensure the consistency of our existing style and develop it further.
- Collaborate with game programmers on finding design and implementation solutions for visual effects.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Mobile Game Art and Animation.
- Strong proficiency in Creative Cloud Suite (PS, AI, AE) and Version Control Systems
- Proficiency in Unity. A solid understanding of the abilities and limitations of the game engine Unity is required for this position to create effects that can be brought into the game as designed.
- Strong game animation skills (in-game, effects, characters, UI).
- Ability to create still and animated assets for mobile games, following our existing brand designs, and implement them in Unity
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, teamwork-oriented worker
- Experience in working together with programmers on finding design and implementation solutions
- Great sense for quality and acute attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to take and deliver constructive feedback.
- Passionate about mobile games and technology.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Must include a portfolio of work demonstrating your breadth of skill and project contributions.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience creating UI and UX for mobile games
- Video editing skills
- Experience with character animation
- 3D rendering and animation skills.
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization.
- Thorough understanding of current mobile games market and arts trends
- Previous experience with task organizing tools such as Jira and Trello.
About Jam City
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.