Product Management Analyst
Jam City is looking for a Product Management Analyst in our Burbank studio to work on our Disney portfolio of games. The Product Management Analyst will write SQL queries and build Tableau dashboards to support data-driven analysis and decision making on our products.
The ideal candidate is passionate about mobile games, has experience translating data into insights, and can extract, manipulate, and analyze data from databases on their own. They have the discipline to manage their workload and deliver projects on time. We are a collaborative team of game creators, so the candidate must be able to understand the needs of, and communicate with, a broad range of disciplines including product managers, artists, designers, software engineers, and executives.
- Support the Lead Product Manager in owning the development and management of games.
- Conduct feature analysis by extracting data using SQL, creating reports in Tableau, and preparing analysis in Excel.
- Analyze data, build automated reports, and work with analytics team to get all necessary data at the right time to manage game metrics.
- Validate BI calls while in development to ensure the correct data will be available when a build goes live.
- Assist in managing in game economy, sales, push notifications, seasonal content, and user acquisition.
- Evaluate industry, competitor, market, and technology trends as inputs into the roadmap.
- Understand game metrics to inform hypotheses, and design A/B test experiments with clearly-defined, measurable success goals.
- Proactively distill insights into actionable recommendations through regular communication with team members.
- Forecast KPI improvements for new features or live operation strategies.
- 1-3 years experience performing analysis, preferably in the mobile games industry.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; the ability to derive conclusions from data and clearly communicate findings is critical.
- Highly proficient in SQL, must be able to write queries to extract raw data and also load data into Tableau for visualization.
- Skillful in forecasting and manipulating data in Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; some business or technical writing experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, business or related fields strongly preferred.
About Jam City
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.