Player Experience Community Manager
The Community Manager plays a fundamental role for Jam City by communicating the voice of our games to our players and in turn, representing the voice of the player to our game teams. The ideal candidate will have superior process skills, awesome people skills, a high level of integrity, great understanding of the mobile gaming space, and a strong desire to build great experiences for our players.
As a Community Manager, you will work with multiple teams including studios, live operations, Player Insights, program management and partners. Data analysis rules the day and you’ll use player data to provide insights and advocate for our players. A typical day might see this person working closely with their team or business partners and using player data to increase the effectiveness of the operational teams, as well as collaborating cross-functionally to drive improvements in the player experience.
- Position will start as Remote.
- Owns weekly content roadmap across all community channels.
- Knows and relentlessly empathizes with our players and our product team.
- Be a uniquely positive force within the company and the community.
- Handles crises of moderate scope, taking the issue through identification, reporting, messaging and resolution.
- Expert on games within your portfolio, its players and the issues that face them.
- Knows stakeholders and escalation processes on the product team.
- Maintains a rapport with the product team; is known as the voice of that game's players.
- Maintains a rapport with players; is known as the voice of Jam City to those players.
- Counted on to dig into details on assignments and execute tasks with minimal errors.
- Ability to deep dive for data using player support tools, community management tools and social channels to reinforce qualitative feedback.
- Identifies problems as something that can be solved, not just something that happens.
- Influence product development through timely actionable feedback.
- Demonstrate transparency and active communication with teams and management.
- Ramp up and gain working knowledge of our support and social moderation tools.
- Contribute to and execute on the content roadmap.
- Build rapport with power players and influencers in the gaming community.
- Be active in game team, support team and community team scrums.
- Own Daily/Weekly reports to studio and support teams.
- Work with our internal teams to create new and engaging content, contests and comments that align with the vision of the studio.
- Be knowledgeable about our products, the development cycle and how decisions get made.
- Become a knowledgeable resource that the product team looks to for input on decisions.
- Be able to troubleshoot gameplay issues, report and resolve complex player issues.
- Owns community content plan and regularly innovates by creating community building activities.
- Ownership of focused projects.
- 3 plus years of experience in a social channels customer support role, online community development, or online marketing experience, preferably in the gaming industry.
- Experience growing a customer community; can help with growth.
- Writing is free of errors, maintains a positive voice, is direct and often includes calls to action; can do so without editorial oversight.
- Social media management and creative content creation.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and programs.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with data and using it to effectively drive change with products and/or services.
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequent updates (or curveballs, because what company doesn’t throw a few of those?).
- A passion for driving a great customer experience.
- An attention to detail and the ability to think creatively about problems and how to solve them.
NICE TO HAVE
- Light knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Basic knowledge of SQL queries.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.