As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
- 100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (Plans Vary)*
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
- Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
- *Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a talented Lead Animator to join our tightly knit group of artists and animators! The ideal candidate will have experience in games, a strong passion for creating fun and exciting animation, and experience leading teams of animators. You will work alongside our world-class animation team to create visually stunning animations for our upcoming and live games!
**In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with a Demo Reel with examples of your most current animation work and samples from your team that you guided to completion. Along with your reel you should provide a shot-breakdown with an explanation of responsibilities.
- Work with Game Designers to understand the animation requirements for a given game and utilize animation to solve design problems.
- Set & maintain the animation style for our games providing documentation and professional feedback to maintain a high level of quality and stylistic consistency.
- Work with the game team as a whole to solve technical issues that relate to animation.
- Provide pipeline analysis, feedback, and documentation to inform an efficient animation pipeline.
- Work with Technical artists to define rigging requirements and provide feedback on rigs.
- Work with Art producers to define and schedule milestones while driving your animation team’s deliverables to adhere to the schedule.
- Responsible for managing animator careers of direct reports, setting expectations, and delivering critical feedback when necessary.
- Contribute to the production of assets by creating high-quality animation between leadership tasks.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience animating characters using Maya or equivalent 3D programs.
- Exceptional skill in 3D character animation, as well as experience with 2D animation in Spine, animating bipedal, humanoid figures as well as other organic forms.
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping ability, collaborating within the animation team and across adjacent teams.
- Expertly apply basic animation principles to gameplay animation: timing, acting, & body mechanics.
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles, cinematic language, how they can be used to establish character personality and enhance a game's visual execution of the narrative.
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, and a great team-player attitude.
- Experience implementing gameplay and cinematic animation in game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
- Experience giving feedback to & mentoring animators (both in-house and outsource).
NICE TO HAVE
- Have shipped AAA and/or mobile games as a Lead Animator.
- Experience creating VFX in UnityOutstanding 2D animation skills using Spine or equivalent 2D program.
- TV or film animation experience.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, rigging, or tech art.A passion for all things video games.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.