Head of Art
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive salaries
- Professional Development Opportunities
The Head of Art is responsible for managing the Art Team, ensuring that the studio delivers on its art commitments across the entire game portfolio. He/She masters different artistic disciplines and is versed at implementing them taking into consideration different team sizes and complexities.
Within this role, you will:
- Maintain a long-term view of Jam City BA / MV studio projects’ Art needs and provide solutions for resourcing.
- Manage and support the Artists and Art Leads to ensure that Art quality is sustained and improved
- Work with Production to ensure that the team is adequately resourced to meet the studio's requirements.
- Review, direct and provide positive constructive feedback for Artists and Leads to develop their abilities and output.
- Partner with creative leadership and other team leads to identify and resolve all issues related to art production.
- Evangelise and spread consistency in working practices both within the group and to the wider teams.
- Facilitate and lead regular art reviews for internal and external teams.
- Work with the Artists to ensure working practices are regularly reviewed and improved where needed.
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary meetings and champion the art requirements/needs.
- Collaborate with Producers and Art Managers to identify and resolve art workflow and staffing issues.
To Be Successful You Will Have
- Shipped Mobile titles as a Studio Head of Art or equivalent.
- The ability to define a high calibre vision for Mobile Art production working practices and ensure its implementationHave a minimum of 5 years' experience in games or analogous industry.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills Proven experience of driving and supporting artists across multiple art disciplines and workflows.
- Worked collaboratively and productively in cross discipline teams.
- Be self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills to support delivery of a clear artistic vision projects both internally and externally.
- Mastery in identifying workflow issues identifying resolutions and the ability to implement them.
- A commitment to raising the bar for the art teams and the studio as a whole.
- A strong understanding of current game technology and it's future ambitions.
- Be able to display example of previews production workflows and asset tracking that you have developed and implemented
- Understand the importance of delivery and its impact on all disciplines.
- Strong aesthetic judgement.
It would be great if you also have experience with
- Developing games from existing IPs or franchises.
- High volumes of asset production and tracking.
- Be familiar with the Agile methodologies.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.