Compensation and Benefits Specialist
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This role is responsible for supporting the development and execution of total rewards processes and programs for all Jam City offices, worldwide. They will serve as a key coordinator for the company around compensation, benefits, wellness and compliance programs, lead work related to these activities, and partner closely with the People Team and Company leadership to ensure appropriate service levels are met. Expectation of this role includes Total Rewards project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication, compliance, and budget management. With a focus on ensuring that compensation and benefits programs attract, retain and motivate employees, this role will also play a key role in designing creative and proactive total rewards strategies.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and administration of the company’s compensation programs.
- Assists in the administration of the annual merit increase, bonus, and long-term incentive program
- Assists with communications, and timeline preparations for compensation planning and performance management processes, and the company’s overall compensation program.
- Supports the annual compensation review process.
- Supports survey participation across the Company (domestic and international)
- Supports the employment contracts administration effort by tracking and running reports
- Build and maintain reports to monitor the integrity and validity of the data
- Serves as main point of contact for creating, revising, and editing job descriptions, including ongoing evaluation of internal positions ensuring job description duties are aligned with the performance of day-to-day job responsibilities and meet FLSA standards and exemption testing requirements.
- Collaboratively maintains online salary structure database and excel summary reports.
- Customarily and regularly provides recruiting and HR managers with current salary ranges and compensation-related questions in a timely manner, escalating complex inquiries as needed.
- Maintains job-related labor markets and comp groups at employee level for subsequent updating of HRIS database.
- Assists with creating and performing ongoing self-audit processes for FLSA status, classifications, pay grades, EEO codes and job codes; investigates and proposes resolution on classification questions and FLSA exemptions.
- Assists with developing and generating reports for various compensation analyses, as needed.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Coordinates with payroll on process
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain deep knowledge of federal and state regulations on benefits administration.
- Research and analyze current benefits programs to evaluate usage, services, coverage, plan experience, and competitive trends in benefits programs to provide recommendations for program enhancements.
- Manage the implementation of new benefits programs and/or modifications to existing programs.
- Serves as an escalated point of contact for benefits inquiries and troubleshoots matters to maintain a positive work environment by researching, analyzing, identifying the root cause, and resolving issues and discrepancies in a professional, timely, and compassionate manner.
- Proactively collaborate with People team members in program delivery and other projects as assigned.
- Track headcount and maintain updated EEO reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring People Operations policies and processes comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Responsible for promoting and enabling a fair and inclusive workplace that safeguards the company’s employment brand by ensuring that employee and company interests are handled in a fair, consistent, and compassionate manner.
- Oversee the distribution of sensitive tax and employment correspondence from various government agencies; responding as appropriate and ensuring prompt dissemination of critical information to other functional business units as needed.
- Coordinate legally mandated employee leaves (FMLA, Workers' Comp, etc.), including all tracking and reporting.
- Respond to unemployment insurance claims and attend hearings as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience leading compensation and benefits programs.
- Relevant certifications, such as a CEBS or SHRM certification, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of benefits and compensation programs, policies, procedures, and applicable legislation.
- Proficiency in MS Office; strong proficiency in Excel.
- Experience managing benefits and compensation in a Workday a plus!
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong people and project management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Perks & Benefits:
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
- Dog Friendly