Associate Player Experience Game Lead
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
- 100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (Plans Vary)*
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Wellness Activities & Programs
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Associate Player Experience Game Lead is a key contributor in Jam City’s effort to level up the player experience and will play an important role to improve the player experience for Jam City games. The ideal candidate will have superior process skills, awesome people skills, a high level of integrity, a great understanding of the mobile gaming space, and a strong desire to build great experiences for our players.
As an Associate Game Lead, you will work with multiple teams including studios, live operations, Player Insights, program management, and partners. Data analysis rules the day and you’ll use player data to provide insights and advocate for our players. A typical day might see this person working closely with their team or business partners and using player data to increase the effectiveness of the operational teams, as well as collaborating cross-functionally to drive improvements in the player experience.
- Partner with Studios within the organization to understand business goals and drive meaningful improvements to the player experience.
- Quantify and communicate operational KPIs and other player experience metrics that will help the customer experience team and other business partners make meaningful decisions.
- Drive the cadence for studio communications, focused on the player experience, in order to identify gaps, drive action items to improve performance, and work cross-functionally to correct player or business-impacting issues.
- Help develop the curriculum, FAQs, and knowledge articles to ensure the ongoing readiness of our player support teams.
- Demonstrate transparency and active communication with teams and management.
- Identify gaps in the current team as well as opportunities to improve process and methodology.
- Provide context around player issues across the organization to make sure we accurately prioritize player experience initiatives.
- Collaborate with other members of the customer experience team to improve performance, drive consistency across our games in order to make it easy for players to find solutions.
- Engage with players to assist with requests for assistance or information via regular support channels as well as through social media.
- Other duties as required.
- Two or more years of experience working with teams, preferably in a customer operations role influencing the customer experience.
- Experience working with data and using it to effectively drive change with products and/or services.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to influence and lead change.
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequent updates (or curveballs, because what company doesn’t throw a few of those?).
- A passion for great customer service.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to think creatively about problems and how to solve them.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.