Associate Game Designer (Contract)
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*Catered Lunches & Well-stocked KitchensOnsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)*Happy HoursCompany EventsDog-Friendly**Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We need a sharp and ambitious Associate Game Designer who possesses a passion for mobile gaming and the desire for the flawless execution of new game content. Your knowledge in the game space, as well as your extraordinary attention to detail, makes you an invaluable player for game design. You will work with the team to ensure best practices are being used to deliver only the highest quality products to our players.
- Construct visual gameplay sequences and content with close attention to artistic and narrative detail.
- Work with existing narrative and design specifications to set up interactive scenes with thought to camera compositions, transitions, and ambient animations.
- Collaborate with technical, narrative and art teams to ensure best execution and practices.
- Find creative solutions to create the most dramatic and fun experience with provided tools.
- Configure scripted events, animations and dialogue sequences on schedule with release dates and milestones.
- Self-motivated individual who takes a high level of ownership in their work.
- Strong organizational skills -- you value documentation and pay close attention to small details.
- Strategic thinker who can anticipate and resolve an issue before it slows down the release process.
- Knowledge of mobile technology -- its boundaries and unique potential as it applies to games.
- You love games! As an active member of the industry, you understand how bugs directly affect the player.
- BA/BS Degree.
NICE TO HAVE
- Background in theater, film or cinematography.
- Experience with Maya or similar programs.
- Experience with Google Sheets or similar programs.
- Experience with live-ops, especially in a free to play mobile environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Game Design, Film, Computer Science and/or related experience.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.