Associate Content Designer (Unity)
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
ABOUT THE ROLE
We need a sharp and ambitious Associate Content Designer who possesses a passion for mobile gaming and the desire for flawless execution of new game content. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the top creative talents within our industry while working on a brand new Lifestyle Interior Design app. We are searching for a designer who is passionate about making memorable games that truly stand out in the mobile market. If you’re ready to design the next big mobile game, then Jam City is the place for you!
- Utilize design tools to author content on a consistent basis. This includes populating room layouts using an extensive catalog of compelling interiors, furniture, and decor for digital game production.
- Execute the content creation process from start to finish.
- Handle strategic daily release of game content, ensuring all goals and deadlines are met.
- Assist in troubleshooting in case of live content bugs and issues; communicate with Content, Art, Dev, Management to fix the problem.
- Have a pulse on interior design trends and creative solutions for implementation in game form.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure consistency of information and best practices.
- A keen eye for interiors, home decor, and design.
- Self-motivated individual who takes a high level of ownership in their work.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Working knowledge or proficiency with any of the following Unity, JIRA, Github (Sourcetree), Google Sheets, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Familiarity developing games or mobile apps with Unity.
- Comfort in ambiguity, flexible, and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
- BA/BS DegreeYou love games!
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in Mobile App industry, home decor, or interior design.
- Working knowledge of Unity.
- Knowledge of mobile technology -- its boundaries and unique potential as it applies to games.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.