We are currently looking for an amazing Art Lead! You will work closely with the development team to help define, create and maintain the visual style of the game. You will be responsible for managing a team, mentoring artists in best practices, identifying development issues and proactively resolving identified roadblocks. Your passion & expertise will guide the team towards creating the best possible game experience!
**In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a pdf showcasing recent artwork upon application.
- Manage a team of artists by delegating tasks, providing direction, mentoring and ensuring that assets are delivered on time & at the highest quality.
- Create art assets and help define & maintain art style.
- Ensure stylistic uniformity remains consistent across the game.
- Provide constructive professional feedback both internally and with outsourcing partners.
- Collaboratively identify and solve development issues both aesthetically and technically.
- Work closely with Tech Art lead to understand technical constraints and develop tools to enhance artistic vision.
- Responsible for collaboratively developing pipeline advantages and ensuring that assets are created in the most efficient way possible.
- Work with the development team to develop strategic plans and art concepts.
- Partner with producers to assess and delegate tasks amongst the team.
- Manage external relationships.
- 4+ years of experience as an Artist in the Gaming Industry.
- Expertise with the core products in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator (including animating in Photoshop and the use of Smart Objects).
- A well developed portfolio demonstrating character and UI work.
- Produce art at a senior level capacity.
- A professional attitude and team leader.
- Strong communication skills; ability to clearly articulate and rally a team around an idea and/or concept.
- Great time management.
- Perfect understanding of composition, color, value and form as it relates to both classic art for and gameplay visuals.
- Flexible and collaborative personality; ability to listen and effectively incorporate feedback into designs.
- Art Degree or equivalent working experience
NICE TO HAVE
- Passion and enthusiasm for games, with a deep understanding of popular game mechanics.
- 2+ years of prior work experience leading an Art team within the mobile gaming space.
- Experience with game engines.
- Experience leading a design and/or art team for either iPhone or Android applications.
- Strong 2D concept and illustration skill.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.