Vice President of Production
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do. We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve. From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest. Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
The Vice President of Production is responsible for defining and driving our production strategy across the Studio/Organisation. To coach and mentor leaders and production staff to deliver on our strategy, portfolio and associated roadmap whilst maximizing value and minimizing cost.
Outputs of the role:
- To make Production a super-power for Jagex
- A single and living view of work for the portfolio including people/allocation and studio wide planning.
- The studio leaders and staff have a deep understanding of the full end-to-end product lifecycle across all areas of the studio and are optimizing for player value production
- Production Craft Leadership for Studio
- Leadership coaching plan and delivery to increase the production effectiveness of the studio
- To facilitate the creation and maintenance of the single portfolio of work that enables the overall business strategy to be successful
- Responsible for collaborating/partnering with leadership and staff to support and challenge portfolio decisions across the studio ( capacity / cost / time etc )
- Draw on portfolio management and industry expertise to enable the amplification of the overall business strategy
- Responsible for ensuring we can deliver on the needs of the business through our people by creating environments where they develop, grow and succeed
- Coach and mentor leaders on how to best apply portfolio and production best practices in their areas
Commercials / Risk Management / Governance:
- Forecast, identify and manage delivery risks and issues to optimize the portfolio value
- Support identification and evaluation of opportunities
- Own the portfolio initiative governance process, associated tools, and configuration
- Report on effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance of overarching portfolio governance both from a financial and non-financial perspective (people allocation)
- Ensure portfolio governance meets compliance requirements like GDPR, PCI, SOX etc.
- Lead the adoption of lean portfolio management principles and practices across Jagex driving a consistent way of delivering initiatives while providing just enough governance
- Drive a disciplined agile/lean way of delivering programs and initiatives for our internal staff and our business partners
- Ensure the studio roadmap is reviewed and adjusted regularly based on the capacity and capabilities of our delivery teams
- Setup and drive a studio cadence and rhythm to support delivery of the portfolio-of-work including Big Room Planning sessions
- Continuously improve operational processes to enhance delivery consistency, improve customer satisfaction, and reduce costs
- Establish a Center of Excellence for Production and its personnel across roles and responsibilities, including program and project managers, delivery leads; manage talent and foster communities of practice
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.