Senior UI Artist
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The role will involve supporting this highly creative team in the creation of 2D computer graphical interfaces for our computer game products across both PC and Mobile platforms. The UI artist will be responsible for the creation and implementation of clear, intuitive and beautiful UI. Their graphic design expertise will be instrumental in guiding our players through the interface systems.
The ideal candidate is an expert graphic designer with an obvious passion for UI and games development. You should be a champion for your discipline and thrive in a highly collaborative environment where all opinions matter. You should be comfortable providing and seeking out feedback from your peers and players on a regular basis.
The successful applicant will join a newly formed team of experienced UI Artists & UX Designers working on our flagship title RuneScape. They will be joining the project at a pivotal time in its development and have an opportunity to shape the next era.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Lead UI Artist and Art Director to concept, experiment, explore and develop a wide variety of computer graphical user interface solutions including; screen layouts, buttons, icons, frames, menus and more.
- Collaborate with RuneScape developers to define and implement innovative UI solutions.
- Conceptualise and create high quality 2D art assets in Photoshop.
- Execute UI visuals from concept, through creation to final developer hand-off.
- Conceptualise UI designs that bring simplicity and usability to complex game designs.
- Create wireframes & user flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Strong artistic judgement and the ability to moodboard and prototype style options
- Solid graphic design and illustration skills.
- Understanding of UX principals.
- Good working knowledge of games and the games industry, particularly social games, including supporting mobile games.
- Proactive communicator and collaborator, who likes to work with programmers, designers, and other artists.
- Expert with standard art tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Can iterate documents that convey clear and complete user/data flows prior to development. (Visio or similar layout tools)
- Experience with user interface design for video games.
- Demonstrated experience with cross platform development
- Skills designing and implementing UI animations including prototyping motion graphics
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.