To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Studio’s goal is to build a new gaming platform to allow our new games to integrate with at ease. Your team’s goal is to develop and work with a best-in-class Analytical Data Platform able to receive, interpret and feed data generated by our players back into games to improve their gaming experience, along with delivering valuable data insights and dashboards. This data is critical to the product teams, so that they can understand what the customers want and where both their enjoyment and pain points are.
You will be working in an exciting and vibrant environment, you will be engaged in architectural designs, cutting edge technologies, testing and profiling, evaluating software solutions and programming.
This is a unique role that would suit someone trying to break into games programming. Being seconded into the games teams and surrounded by veteran game devolpers, there is the opportunity to gain insight and experience in all aspects of design. Conversely, an understanding of data will bring a new dimension and outlook to the game, and improvements made from the insights gained with the telemetry added.
- Ensuring the data needs for analysts to use are represented in all game titles
- Bridge both the analytics and game development teams
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development and software lifecycle, including high level design, architecture definition, implementation, testing, deployment
- Design, develop, test, deploy and manage telemetry data in-game to support our use of data and advanced analytics
- Work with internal and external development teams (2nd, 3rd or contractual) to successfully integrate relevant telemetry that provide relevant information to aid advanced data science and analytical capabilities
- Develop and extend SDKs for in-game and on-platform telemetry
- Ability to understand and refactor existing game code without introducing bottlenecks
- Understand the game teams make adjustments based on instrumentation
- Gamer at heart – we expect our employees to be product focused at all levels
- Understand the impact of data flows
- Take part in playtests, communicate with beta testers, and iterate based on feedback
- Guide change through research and live data
- The ability to work both in a team and self-sufficiently
- Extensive Java/C++ knowledge
- Understanding of data instrumentation and flow
- Solid understanding of Agile processes
- Solid understanding of design patterns and good code practices
- Solid understanding of the principles of data reliability and quality
- Experience in game design
- Experience in other languages (python, bash, golang etc)
- Experience in production deployment mechanisms (CI/CD)
- Experience in statistical methodologies
- Experience in SQL
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.