Senior Publishing Partner Manager
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Senior Publishing Partner Manager works with the Director of Publishing Partnerships in developing and maintaining relationships with publishing business partners to support existing and upcoming product & content releases at Jagex . Your activities directly help drive player engagement for Jagex and assist with our revenue and marketing generation.
You will support and sometimes lead on identifying, developing, and maintaining partnerships across platform and marketing channels – e.g.:
- Console (Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo)
- Mobile platforms (Apple & Google)
- Endemic & Non-Endemic brand partners (Logitech, Asus, Monster, McDonalds, etc)
- Streaming Platforms (Twitch, YouTube)
- Others as determined (Discord)
Key Duties Include:
- Develop and maintain direct relationships with partners - clearly understand the motivations and expectations of brands in partnering with Jagex, and build the foundations of a long term relationship that has the ability to scale
- Work with key platform partners & internal stakeholders to secure partnership support & engagement on key game launches & activities
- Close deals that generate material revenue, player engagement and/or market share for Jagex.
- Utilise deep knowledge of the industry and market trends to develop recommendations for new and existing platform & brand partnerships for Jagex
- Leverage industry relationships to identify and create compelling business cases and champion them internally
- Negotiate standard deals with partners such as endemic / non-endemic brand partners and materially support senior management on complex strategic and larger revenue deals.
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, RACI work plans, and performance requirements, working cross functionally throughout the organization.
- Work closely with stakeholder departments as lead or support (e.g. where an existing relationship existed, etc.) for strategic partnerships and to establish strong intercompany process (RACI, R&Rs) and communications
- Assist with arranging and managing “touchpoint meetings” with strategic partners (e.g. Gamescom, GDC, E3) with key execs from partner and Jagex to ensure strategic alignment and build relationships at multiple levels of the organization
- Extensive experience in Business Development / Marketing and / or Partnerships within the Entertainment/ Videogames industry
- Direct experience working with console and / or mobile partners on game launches and relationship management
- Strong business acumen and oral and written communication skills
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.