Senior Product Analyst
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Analytics and Data Sciences (ADS) is the heart of player, product, and business insights on our titles. The is one of the most critical roles we have as it acts as both a part of the game development team and as a centre of growth for our Studio in unlocking insights about our players and our business. The person in this role is most successful when they can merge analytical skill with game knowledge to drive incredible player experiences. If that’s you then we should talk!
The Senior Product Analyst will deliver insights learnings and guidance to game and business development staff and have a significant impact on the direction of our games and our studio.
- Grow relationships across the studio to promote a data-driven partnership
- Generate hypotheses and guidance across many types of data across many groups to grow and improve our games.
- Query and analyze big data to uncover high-value insights with direct impact to improve games and player experience.
- Partner closely with game development and engineering teams in designing telemetry events to better understand product quality
- Lead insights projects that guide decisions on product and feature roadmaps, using a variety of data sources.
- Deep dive analysis on the impact on the intersection between quality signals and player behaviors, including churn, monetization, and others
- Brainstorm with development and business teams to direct ambiguous questions or misleading metrics into impactful analysis plans
- Drive deep, impactful learnings by working across data, game design and research to deliver a story driven direction based in data.
- Present analysis conclusions to business stakeholders in a clear and practical way.
- Partner with data engineering to manage data requirements such as schema requirements and data format to support high-quality deliverables.
- Conduct effective analysis while adhering version control, documentation, and reproducibility.
- Play the game and know it from the inside out to be able to explore data effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, Python or R, Statistical Modelling & Data Cleansing Techniques
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative techniques and tools including the following regressions, survival analysis, classification, forecasting, and clustering
- Crafting a clear message for your audience using complex ideas and insights in a simple to understand manner.
- Base understanding of project management, research, and scientific testing
- Strong domain knowledge in assessing digital products, working in a game analytics environment in core statistical modelling and toolsets
Flexible WorkingBonus SchemePrivate Health CareGym MembershipGenerous Pension ContributionsLife InsuranceFree Cycle RepairIncome ProtectionDental PlanFree Fruit and DrinksSubsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.