Senior IT Network Engineer
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As a Senior IT Network Engineer, you will play a key role working closely with Product and IT Management. You will be part of a team responsible for Design, Maintenance, Support and Advance of the Jagex Corporate IT network Infrastructure, as well as providing support for development tools and dealing with support requests. As a senior member of the IT team, you will also be expected to set an example for other members of the IT team and take an active role in their development by coaching and mentoring them.
Your aim is to increase employee efficiency by providing effective tools and services and by implementing a highly available and secure network and associated systems.
You will engage with IT Management and business stakeholders in the development and implementation of new business initiatives and projects by receiving business problems and requests and translating these into solutions.
Your goal is not only to support and resolve the corporate IT network systems, but to also assist in companywide initiatives consisting of multiple security and network infrastructure projects. This role is primarily to assist in the delivery of IT networking projects that require extensive I.T networking knowledge and experience, but also assist to enable other IT engineers and Technicians to resolve similarly complicated issues and requests effectively; by coaching, mentoring, and driving improvement and adoption of all IT support and troubleshooting procedures.
As part of your role, you will also have the responsibility for creating, defining, and maintaining the networking standards from which Corporate IT Services are built upon and adhered to by the other IT teams. You will be part of a team responsible for Design, Maintenance, Support and Advance of the Jagex Corporate IT Infrastructure, as well as providing support for development tools and dealing with support requests.
This role will allow legions of gamers to play our games, by enabling our Studios and Commercial areas to create the best possible games. If you are a passionate gamer with a strong IT background, we have the job for you!
- Strong experience in the planning, designing, implementation of corporate IT networks, that must include CIS hardening, Data zoning and segmentation.
- Strong skills in technical documentation and communication for maintaining and updating the logical, technical design (HLD, LLD) and procedures for the infrastructure including networks, physical and virtual systems, including documenting changes to current infrastructure and services.
- Maintain, support, and advance all physical, virtual and cloud Corporate IT Network Infrastructure and supported Development Tools.
- Proven analytical & problem-solving abilities, combined with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience and skills in communicating and provide technical expertise and mentoring to Junior IT members and support staff, by sharing technical knowledge and coaching.
- A customer service focus, with an excellent ability to handle customers effectively; with a qualification or work experience in a customer-facing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, questioning & team working skills.
- Have excellent organisational & prioritisation skills, ability to complete multiple projects in a timely manner & can work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to present ideas & troubleshooting procedures in business-friendly & user-friendly language.
- Proven commercial experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience in networking architecture and deployment in live environments for both private and public cloud environments.
- Experience of Enterprise Network and security Vendors – ideally § Cisco, Juniper, Arista, HP ProCurve, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco PIX
- Experience of Enterprise Routing & Network Configurations
- Deep understanding of CIS Hardening practices
- Enterprise Network configuration Management
- Enterprise Security Configurations
- A good understanding of Agile Methodologies, experience working in Kanban, Scrum or as part of a cross-functional team
- Enterprise Collaboration and Project Management tools like Atlassian, Slack,Jira/Confluence/Crowd Experience
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.