A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Security analyst will be focused on providing operational and incident response support for our IT and Business functions along with process design and streamline on the existing ones. A successful candidate should be able to demonstrate cooperation and teamwork spirit along with the passion to learn.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology best practices and technologies.
- Third Party Security Assessment Experience.
- Ability to draft security standards and processes.
- Use advanced analytic tools (ELK etc) to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities.
- Able to review, identify gaps in security monitoring and develop new use cases.
- Experience of developing and running customer focused security services.
- Identify potential weaknesses and propose measures and controls or other risk treatment approach.
- Investigate security alerts and provide incident response using the SOC Platform and the ELK.
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations.
- Automate the generation of reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders.
- Promote a culture of security by leading security awareness training while communicating vulnerabilities to IT, development, and engineering teams.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
- At least 5 years commercial experience within the information and cyber security domain.
- Hands on experience in IT system administration, network administration, security operations centre would be advantageous
- Knowledge of SIEM / Log Aggregators, ELK
- Experience with Security Tooling
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient, or able to gain proficiency with, a broad array of security software applications and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyse complex situations, assessing risks and balancing strategic and tactical security requirements with business pragmatism, risk appetite and innovation
- Proven working experience in at least a scripting language (Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Demonstrable background in a security operations environment
- Good understanding of threat intelligence and alert triaging
- Incident Management experience
- Working knowledge of vulnerability/compliance, patch management, anti-malware, APT, identity and access control management toolsets.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.