To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As part of the RuneScape team you will be player and product focused, leading the development of several initiatives from concept to release, aligned to a product roadmap and its product vision. You will be partnering closely with the games discipline leads, product management, developers, and other key project stakeholders. You are responsible for helping organize the team's day-to-day workflow, capacity, costing, communicating requirements and the overall output. Working with the various groups across the team, you will make sure they have a clear and prioritized backlog of work with nothing that can get in the way of them making an awesome game and delivering value to the players.
- Work with the Production and Leads teams to create a programme of work for each area of the team.
- Experienced in Agile development you’ll be able to organise and support high performing scrums.
- Track, promote, and relay information on key decisions & shared discussions.
- Follow up on actions and communications.
- Pro-actively spot and solve problems within the scrums.
- Create good working relationships, manage cross team communication of development plans, status and requirements
- Understand risk assessment and mitigation processes that can help the team deliver the best possible game.
- Expertise using agile methodologies on a mid to large-scale game development team
- Ideally some experience in new game development, particularly for live service games on PC.
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating innovative and compelling new games
- Experience with JIRA or similar project tracking software is essential.
- Strong analytical mind with excellent people and communication capabilities
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.