To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Working as part of a passionate and cross-disciplinary agile team, you will be integral to the development and delivery of the Old School RuneScape product roadmap, working on key technical initiatives like bringing the game to new platforms and audiences.
- Programming using Java, C++ and other languages as required to service assigned and scheduled tasks
- Working on a variety of projects in the department covering all aspects of the group’s technological domain, making good use of support tools (e.g. profiler, debugger, code-analysis tools) to ensure your code is of high quality
- Taking ownership and responsibility for areas of the code base, becoming an expert, looking for improvements and sharing that knowledge with the team
- Performing maintenance tasks to keep internal tools and build systems working in good order for our internal customers
- Providing realistic time estimates for assigned tasks to stakeholders, with tasks broken down to a suitable size
- Suggesting and championing projects or processes that drive the department tech and team forward
- Contributing to overall project strategy. Be willing to put forward ideas, and to positively critique those put forward by others
- Building strong working relationships with team members and with other groups across the organisation, especially the Old School RuneScape content and Publishing Platform groups
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.