To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Purpose: To design, create and implement new gameplay features or content of various types such as new areas, quests, PvP content, minigames, skills or gameplay improvements. You must consider the narrative, gameplay, end user experience and technical implementation.
- Game Design: You will be responsible for designing new, engaging game content suitable for Old School RuneScape. You will often take the lead on design for mid-sized full projects, delivering a design that fits the project and unites the team behind it.
- Game Development: You will be creating your game content using the in-house language, RuneScript. You are capable of handling code for most projects, requiring assistance for only projects of technical complexity. You are expected to create safe, efficient, reusable and maintainable script for your projects, utilising the knowledge of the wider development team to assist and your wide knowledge of the Old School codebase.
- Project Management: Whilst you will always have the assistance of a producer and more senior developers, you will play a role in scoping your work and clearly detailing requirements for dependencies on other disciplines, including graphics, QA and audio.
- Game Knowledge: Old School has a huge amount of content and incredibly deep systems. You will be expected to continuously learn more about the game, and utilise the knowledge of the wider team to help inform your design and development decisions.
- Community Interaction: You will spend time engaging with the community via social media and livestreams in order to gain important insights and feedback on your own content, answer their questions where possible and build your own relationship with them. You will have the assistance of our Community Management team for this. This is important to Old School RuneScape’s player-driven focus.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.