To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Analytics, Data Science and Engineering (ADSE) is the heart of player, product, and business insights on our titles. The Senior Analyst, focusing on performance marketing and optimization, is one of the most critical roles in ADSE. It acts as a centre of acquisition and player growth insights for our Studio. The person in this role is most successful when they can merge analytical skill with performance marketing and game industry knowledge to drive player growth. If that is you, then we should talk!
The Analyst role is an analytics position using complex modelling and statistics to deliver insights learnings and guidance to marketing, game and business development staff.
Key Duties Include:
- Provides actionable overall market and customer insights to address critical strategic questions.
- Responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing the performance of marketing activities, ad-hoc analytic requests, and development/automation of regular reports.
- Analyzes external and internal customer data using database queries, spreadsheet models, web analytics tools, statistical analysis tools, and campaign management software tools.
- Analyzes A/B and multi-variate tests, communicate results and provide recommendations.
- Grow relationships across the Studio to promote a data-driven partnership
- Generate hypotheses and guidance across many types of data across many groups to grow and improve our games.
- Query and analyze big data to uncover high-value insights with direct impact to improve games and player experience.
- Partner closely with game development and engineering teams in designing telemetry events to understand product quality better
- Lead insights projects that guide decisions on product and feature roadmaps, using a variety of data sources.
- In-depth analysis of the impact on the intersection between quality signals and player behaviours, including churn, monetization, and others
- Brainstorm with development and business teams to direct ambiguous questions or misleading metrics into impactful analysis plans
- Drive deep, impactful learnings by working across data, game design and research to deliver a story-driven direction based in data.
- Present analytical conclusions to business stakeholders clearly and practically.
- Partner with data engineering to manage data requirements such as schema requirements and data format to support high-quality deliverables.
- Conduct useful analysis while adhering to version control, documentation, and reproducibility practices.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, Python or R, Statistical Modeling & Data Cleansing Techniques
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative techniques and tools including the following regressions, survival analysis, classification, forecasting, and clustering
- Crafting a clear message for your audience using complex ideas and insights in a simple to understand manner.
- ·Base understanding of project management, research, and scientific testing
- Strong domain knowledge in assessing digital products, working in a game analytics environment in core statistical modelling and toolsets
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.