Agile Business Analyst
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Working as part of an agile team, you’ll work closely with stakeholders and product owners to understand high-level requirements and develop the supporting Epics and User Stories. As an integral part of the Scrum team, you will be responsible for refining the requirements, gaining technical input to ensure they are ready for estimation and development.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage with product owners, stakeholders, third party vendors and others as needed to verify, improve, and document the ‘what’ (requirement) and the ‘why’ (benefit).
- Build strong and productive working relationships with stakeholders across game development and publishing and with senior stakeholders to manage feedback and approvals efficiently.
- Lead inception and discovery activities for key initiatives to provide clarity, facilitating workshops to derive and gather high-level requirements, dependencies and create a holistic overview.
- Consult with stakeholders and product owners to prioritise and shape the product backlog, using Agile practices and techniques for prioritisation around business value.
- Be responsible for assisting multi-disciplinary teams with crafting user stories, defining business driven acceptance criteria, and applying design thinking. Proactively support the advance of Agile practices and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Facilitate managing the product backlog – work with the Product Owners, Delivery Leads, and the cross-functional scrum team to ensure consistent understanding of the proposed solution, initiative goals and team priorities.
- Participate in and facilitate relevant Agile ceremonies and rituals: Backlog Refinement, Daily Stand-up, Iteration / Release Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective.
- Be responsible for onboarding stakeholders to use internal self-service products and writing training materials when necessary.
- Preparing presentations to update stakeholders on the status of initiatives and what comes next in collaboration with the product team.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.